News and Announcements
This years pancake breakfast is being held Saturday August 2nd and Sunday August 3rd at Zebbs on Niagara Falls Blvd. Please see below for further information regarding each teams specific day and times. Last years event was a huge success, and we are looking to do even better this year. Each teams dates and times are as follows:
Mohawks & Renegades - Saturday August 2nd (8am-10am) Please be at Zebbs at 7:45am
Braves & Redskins - Sunday August 3rd (8am-10am) Please be at Zebbs at 7:45am
We look forward to seeing everyone there!
TFC would like to thank everyone that helped make this years event a success not only for our organization but also the NEYSA. We have heard positive feedback from those outside of TFC about this years event. Thank you to all of the girls that came out and participated! Thanks to those boys that came out and cheered on the girls....and entertained some of the adults. We hope everyone had fun. We helped to raise over $400 for Make-a-Wish in the process! Again, thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting!
This year brings a lot of changes to TFC. For one it marks our inaugaral year in the newly formed NEYSA (Niagara Erie Youth Sports Association). There is still a lot of work to be done, but TFC will continue to strive to do everything it can to accomodate and facilitate our players and families. Anyone looking to assist in making these changes as seemless as possible, we are always looking for new members at our monthly general membership meetings. If interested, check the calendar for the next meeting. Below are some of the new things happening this season (both finalized and proposed)
- This year there is a 15lb striper rule for each age division. Players can weigh 15lbs over the divisions limits and still be eligible to practice and play. Certain rules apply, and can be explaind by coaches at registration.
- The new league calls for a change in when players are to be weighed in, as they will no longer be required to weigh-in every week. Ask a TFC coach for more details.
- We are planning on fielding (2) teams in each weight division, with the exception of the 145lb Redskins. This is contingent on registration.
- We are looking into the possibility of holding some practices at Ellicott Creek Park to accomodate the additional teams.
- Game days are tentitively planning on being played on Sundays, with some Saturday afternoon games as well (if needed). This is a decision based on the new leagues referee schedule.
- These and any other questions can be answered by coaches at registration. Thanks again